Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: HCB and "Faceless"
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 13:39:37 -0800

>>> I just pulled Self-Portrait USA by DDD off my shelf. If you haven't
> looked at it recently it is worth a look-see.
> It is his coverage of the 1968 political conventions and it is GREAT.
> If you want to see how to cover conventiions this is it. This book is
> great reportage.<<

A side note to this coverage :

Everyday DDD made a selection of frames to be printed to 11 X 14 and made
ready to used by one of the major US TV networks covering the convention.

I believe he was on air with a running dialogue for each photo, not photo
details, but about the people in the pictures and convention itself.

I've tried to use this technique with a couple Canadian TV networks,
unfortunately they're not bright enough to understand the attention holding
value of still photographs. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant