Subject: Re: [Leica] 75M or 90M 2.0
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:30:52 -0500

James Harrison wrote:

>I am going to buy a lens for portraiture.  It will be either the
>current 75M, or the current 90M 2.0.  I use and like the R90 2.0 on a
>R-8 but have never a 75..any preference?

If what you want to do is portraiture, the old 1960's 90 f2 (the big fat
Canadian one) is well worth considering. It's flattering, focuses nice
and close with good perspecive and as a bonus, they are cheap. Expect to
pay around $500-600.

It also has nice bokeh, if you are of the persuasion to believe in such
things. :-)

Simon Stevens