Subject: Re: [Leica] Forum etiquette
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 20:14:54 -0800

W Larsen wrote:

> Once upon a time, this list had few For Sale ads.  The ones
> that were posted were from people that participated in the
> list.  There was no Friday protocol.  Dealers did not post
> For Sale lists.
>
> Of course this has changed.  People I have of whom I have
> never heard  post expensive items for sale.  Dealers post
> laundry-lists of their entire stock but never post anything
> else.  If you post a For Sale item, you should expect a
> critique of the item and price.  (I would really like to
> have the time to critique the dealer's stock list prices and
> tell LUG members where they can buy the same items for less
> money).
>
> Personally, I would not buy FS items from someone that does
> not at least have occasional LUG related posts to the list.
> I can go to Shutterbug or a lot of other venues to deal with
> strangers.
>
> And I admit that there are probably a lot of "legitimate"
> dealers who post their laundry lists to the LUG with whom I
> will never do business with simply because they feel the LUG
> is a good advertising venue.  (My choice).
>
> Meanwhile, I simply delete all FS items from folks that do
> not participate in the list with helpful info or their
> personal Leica pixes.
>
> Yours in redundancy,
> Bill Larsen
> Terra Bella, CA
>
> --

Vice president of the Department of Redundancy Department Mark Rabiner reports:
ME TOO!

I do feel exactly the same way.

Dealers should be made to come up with interesting thread topics!
And participate in them! And pretend realistically that they care about
Leica issues.
Otherwise they are just parasites! Spongers!

I do get a good vibe from Patrick McKee. He acts like a real human on
the LUG.

Mark Rabiner again
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com