Subject: RE: [Leica] My PAW - 1st week of January
From: Colin <CJV@home.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 03:29:13 -0500

Adam,

Nice shot.  I'm big on aquariums; would have been cool to see what made
everybody so happy.   I personally would like to see technical info for
each shot, tho some think it's not relevant.  Please do post the rest
for us!

Regards,
Colin
http://www.availabledark.com

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/>

This one was taken New Year's Day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I
thought of Ted Grant's advice as I asked the mom if I could take the
picture. (I'm VERY wary of taking pictures of children without
permission.)

This was with a 35mm Summicron ASPH at f2 most likely 1/60th on Tri-X at
400 in XTOL 1:1 scanned on a Nikon 4000 CoolScan (who thinks UP these
names.)

Should I put these details on the page?

By the way - there is WONDERFUL light in the aquarium. In another
message I'll give a link to a few other images I shot there that
morning. It was gray and foggy that morning - and the place was almost
deserted when we walked in the door at 9:30 AM.

For those of you who aren't from the Left Coast of the US, the Monterey
Bay Aquarium is one of the great institutions of its kind. It was
featured in Star Trek 4. Founded with something like $30 million of
David Packard's money, it's a tribute to great design. It's definitely
worth the trip: a world-class facility.

Adam Bridge