Subject: Re: [Leica] plastic thumb advance on m6 bothering people
From: John Collier <jbcollier@powersurfr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:07:11 -0700

My only complaint with the newer plastic lever is that it easily hides
behind a mounted flash or finder. The old metal ones have a knurled section
that protrudes slightly and is easy to work even with a flash or finder
mounted. You could buy the old style lever from Leica for twenty or thirty
dollars but they seem to have discontinued them now and official supplies
have dried up. I have a couple on back order I am hoping will eventually
come.

John Collier

PS: I have a new style lever if you want to trade your old M3 one for it....

PPS: Maybe I should just make up just a new tip for the new style lever...