Subject: Re: [Leica] winter in GA
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:23:05 -0600

csemetko@earthlink.net (Craig Semetko)2/1/023:51 PM

> My point is, is the LIGHTING good?

Lighting good for what subject?
Lighting good for a baby?
Lighting good for a goth chick?
Lighting good for 75 year old retired general?
Lighting good for a 17 year old without makeup or with makeup?

The real question(s):
What to I (photographer) wish to convey in my photograph of this,
specific subject, at this time? What background? What forground?
What lighting approach? Which lens? B&W or color?

What the f*** am I doing?
What do I want to say?
What do I want to convey?

or you could just ask the portrait subject to bring in an example
of exactly how they wish to look, then duplicate the background,
the lighting, have them wear the same outfit.

George