Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Velvia
From: "David Kieltyka" <dkieltyka@csi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:29:23 -0500

John R. Fulton Jr. <JRFjr@compuserve.com> wrote:

> There have been some interesting comments on Velvia.
> I can understand that some do not like it. Those of you
> with an eye for delicate color are no doubt offended by
> Velvia's palette.

Until recently I hadn't been a fan of Velvia except under overcast weather
or in wooded areas (no shortage of either here in Michigan!). But since the
trendoids are now rushing after digital nirvana I figured it was finally
time to give the film a fair shake. And I actually find myself warming up
<g> to it. This is partly due to my own changing taste in color and also
partly due to Kodak's current crappy (IMO) E6 lineup. Velvia exposed at EI
40, or at EI 80 & pushed a stop, suits me pretty well for SLR-on-a-tripod
scenic & landscape photography. I find the slight additional exposure helps
smooth out the candy-color tendencies in the film's palette.

Good ol' Kodachrome 25 is still my favorite slide film. I've got a brick
left in the freezer for special occasions.

- -Dave-

Message from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Velvia, was Scanner Suggestions)
Message from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Velvia)
Message from "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com> ([Leica] Re: Velvia)