Subject: Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering)
From: Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:11:20 -0800

Jesse Hellman wrote:

>One of the weakest links in the M7 is that the exposure locked in is
>held only for that one time, requiring remetering for each additional
>shot except in (my opinion/experience) a small proportion of instances.
>Recomposing the picture even slightly may result in a different exposure
>when the subject is in the same light.

My OM-4Ti had this AE lock (memory they called it), and I used it only
rarely. If I knew the light I wanted, I used manual mode. Rarely did AE
with memory lock help me at all. I much prefer that the AE lock gets
reset each shot, but that is just me. However, making it an option as it
was on the OM-4 would be a simple incremental improvement I think,
something for the M7p maybe ;-)

Cheers!
- - marc

Message from John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com> (Re: [Leica] spot AE (was M7 Metering))