Subject: [Leica] Book Recommendations, please
From: "Langhans, Aram" <araml@naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:58:02 -0700

I seek understanding and knowledge.

I am fairly new to serious PhotoShop usage.  I have a devil of a time trying
to get the colors to accurately imitate the slides I scan.  Could someone
recommend a book that will lead me through the controls step by step, and
maybe has some sample files to work on from a CD-ROM?

I have seen a book called something like PhotoShop for Photographers, but it
is always sealed up so I can't get a look of what is inside.  Is this a good
one to start with?  I need something that will lead me through the
processes.  How do I use a histogram, what the heck does gamma have to do
with anything, which level do I choose to correct and why...

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Aram

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making this message.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher
Naches High School