Subject: Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film
From: "Langhans, Aram" <araml@naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 14:36:15 -0700

Hi Terry.  To add to what everyone else has written, and Ted's great
comments:

Are the scratches on the film base side or the emulsion?  This will help you
know where to look on the camera.  If you have determined the scratches are
in different locations and the camera is not at fault, then it might not be
the lab, either.  Dirt could be in the light trap felt for the film
canister.  Could dirt be getting there somehow?  I had a roll of film come
back the other day from my R8 with small, not-continuous scratches, but
since it never happened before and  not on the two rolls since, it was
either the lab or the film canister.

Good luck.  Hope it is random bad luck.

Aram

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] R8 and scratched slide film)