Subject: [Leica] 280 APO F/4.0
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@ma.ultranet.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 16:52:11 -0400

- -- Peter-
    Get the 280 - you will NOT be sorry! It is one of (if not THE) best
corrected lens in the R line. I have the Modular lenses as well (I shoot
wildlife), but the 280 has the snap, color and flatness of field that just
blows you away! If need be add the 1.4 APO converter. Quality does not skip
a beat ... it's that good.
    I also have to say that I think all the other suggestions are great as
well, though! Looks as if you can't go wrong..
    EC
 both MAC and PC user - Maybe I'll get a Sun Workstation to round it out ;-)