Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 14:41:36 -0700

Frank Filippone wrote and asked:

>>> You just pointed the camera at the scene, did not especially meter the
faces
> or something else, and this is what you got?<<<<<

Frank,
Yep that's just about what one does with the M7! To me it's the super P&S
camera without fiddling.

And like Tina explained regarding slight change of exposure, the quick
action of point at something to meter off, slight pressure on shutter
release, re-frame and shoot can be done much faster than I type these few
words.

Most of the time my camera is up, focused and shot made in the blink of an
eye and I'm getting roll after roll of perfectly exposed frames in all kinds
of lighting situations.

>>> This is really exceptional......I am not convinced that I understand the
> technical results, but the aesthetic results are truly terrific... a very
> soft feeling of closeness of the 3....<<<<

My feeling on however this M7 sets exposures is..... I don't need to know
how it does it, much like I don't need to know how a computer does what it
does....as long as it does it correctly. ;-)

On one of my first computer lessons from number One son I kept asking, "how
does it do that and I don't understand what makes it do that?" Finally he
was so exasperated with me he said, "Forget asking and wondering, just use
the damn thing!":-)

And this is what one only needs to do with the M7.... use it and love it...
even more so if you were - are an M6 shooter. :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com> (Re: [Leica] M7 Photo)