Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 Photo
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 18:01:06 -0400

- --On Sunday, June 30, 2002 2:41 PM -0700 Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> wrote:

> faces
>> or something else, and this is what you got?<<<<<
>
> Frank,
> Yep that's just about what one does with the M7! To me it's the super P&S
> camera without fiddling.
>
> And like Tina explained regarding slight change of exposure, the quick
> action of point at something to meter off, slight pressure on shutter
> release, re-frame and shoot can be done much faster than I type these few
> words.

Ted,

Just to play devil's advocate:

Doesn't it become tiresome to do this on shot after shot after shot, since
the M7 doesn't remember the AE compensation past the current shot?

With the M6 I'll meter the ground, grass or whatever once, and then shoot
away until the lighting changes -- without the need to reframe on each
shot. It seems to me that, when this technique is used with the M7, it is
actually more work not less.

What do you think?

Rolfe
- --