Subject: Re: [Leica] Service issues with Gateway...digital darkroom update
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 20:03:58 -0400

- --On Monday, July 1, 2002 2:09 PM -0700 Darrell Jennings
<darrell_jennings@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I agree with you. I've had three Dell's, one for each
> of my kids when they went away to school, and one for
> my wife....should have gotten one for myself, but the
> Gateway was about 30% cheaper...now I see why. Having
> worked in several service companies I should have
> checked the details before buying. I sure will from
> now on.

For personal use, I've switched to a Mac G4 running OS X, which is as close
to a perfect workstation as I've come across in my long odyssey since the
original Apple II.

However, there are companies building some really good Intel-based machines
out there -- you just have to look for them. My favorite is Alienware,
which some friends who can't wean themselves from Windows swear by. Of
course, as with most things in life, you get what you pay for but hey --
this the Leica Users Group, right? :-).

http://www.alienware.com

- --
Rolfe Tessem