Subject: [Leica] More Push versus Pull
From: "Gregory Rubenstein" <gcr910@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 02:19:52 +0000

Want to thank Don for his Fuji Neopan 1600 recommendation. One of the
simpler, straightforward suggestions I've received on and off line.
Impressive endorsements, too. Will definitely give it a shot.

For discussion, here's a recommendation received from a small, custom lab I
work with: expose Delta 400 as close to normal as possible (the tech is a
concert shooter) and process it for, maybe, 800 or so. He's confident my
gear and the house lights will let me keep the ASA normal or darn close.
Expect to try this as well. Will likely discuss the setting, then run a snip
test. Forgot to ask what he'd process the film in, but have worked enough
with this lab to be comfortable on occasion to say what I've done, explain
where I want to go and get out of the way. Not my preferred mode, but
sometimes awfully darned effective.

Appreciate any thoughts on the 400-exposure/800 processing approach.

Greg Rubenstein
gcr910@msn.com