Subject: [Leica] Cartier-Bresson exhibition
From: Lee England <engl6914@iamerica.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:42:49 -0700

I walked into a photography gallery in New Orleans Sunday on Royal St.
that had an exhibition on of Cartier-Bresson prints.  There might've
been 15-20 of them there, almost all 11x14 (or 11x16, or so, since they
were printing full negative)  All were signed by the photographer and of
high quality.  A woman at the gallery told me they work directly with
Mr. Cartier-Bresson, and the prints were done by someone who has been
his longstanding printer.
	The prices were $5,000 a print and included some of his most
famous.  Does anyone have any experience with the prices these prints
bring?  If $5,000 is fair, the value will only go up, especially for
signed prints.  One of these would be a lot more fun to own than some
MCI-World Com stock.

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi

Replies: Reply from Bill Satterfield <cwsat@istate.net> (Re: [Leica] Cartier-Bresson exhibition)