Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:23:00 -0800

Jim Hemenway noted:

>>> BD showed us a picture of his son Nick.  The first thing that I see in
> that shot is Nick' eyes and then his smile and mutton chops.  Then my
> gaze travels left-right-left to his arms, then the background and then
> the top of the automobile, which because of the reflection of Nick,
> brings my eyes back to Nick's eyes. To me, the point of departure for
> viewing the rest of the picture is the eyes of the subject.<<<<

Very observant grass hopper! ;-)

As eyes are always the main point of focus after seeing the light.   If one
gets the light right, followed by the eyes, rarely can one go wrong
photographing people, quite often critters big and small also.

It's keeping the shooting simple follow the KISS method:......Light, eyes,
action, shoot!
ted

Message from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine)