Subject: Re: [Leica] Tip of iceburg with link :)
From: "Phong"<phongdoan@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:18:47 -0500

David,

#4 is my favorite in terms of compistion;  many lines (and eyes, and arms)
converge to the girl's face, and it is one of the brightest spot in the photo.
 And no face is blocked.  The fruits in the foreground are just slightly
distracting.  I didn't even notice them at first.

#7 is a miss for me: a photo that I wish I react more strongly to.  The
symbolism of the 2 flags is clear.

#6 is also a miss.

#1 is the weakest, but as part of the essay, contributes to the "food" theme:
1/2 the photos have food or cooking in them.

#4, #6, #7 has immigrant elements in them
(B.D. may disagree and says I read too much in the pictures that aren't there)

The others have "family" or "father"

#3  another favorite, with the reaching arm, tells the "father" most
obviously, and most strongly.

Just my opinion.  Thanks for posting. I don't always post a response, but
usually enjoy your stuff.

- - Phong
Photo junky

Replies: Reply from "Robert Meier" <robertmeier@usjet.net> (Re: [Leica] WTB 90/2.8 Elmarit-R)