Subject: Re: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 11:39:32 -0800

Ray

Please notice that I was only talking about the profit that you
get from the PASSPORT  PLAN.  You are entitled to get a
66 2/3% profit on your investment in the cameras and accessories.
(You DO get a 40% discount off the list price of Leicas, don't
you?)  That is called a return on investment, and you deserve
it, as the money my be tied up for a while.

Another thing, a new lens configuration may come out, reducing
the desireability/worth of the items that are already on your shelf.
The Leica mouthpiece, Erwin Putz will extoll the new lens and
denigrate the old one.  Now you may have to sell it for less to
get it off inventory.

But you lay out no money when you sell a Passport Plan, and
Leica gives you a commission.  That is what I am talking about.

Jerry