Subject: RE: [Leica] Warranty Issues
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:19:52 -0500

Jerry - IF, in fact, the product in question was brand new; IF, in fact,
it was legally imported; IF, in fact, it was covered by a passport
before the dealer "removed" the papers and charged you less; THEN the
product was covered by the passport whether or not the dealer cut a deal
with you - because the passport comes from Leica, and is, I believe,
linked to the serial number and date of sale. (I know that I have sent
in equipment for Passport work without having papers filled out, and
without having the passport card, and it was recovered and returned to
me with the card.)

B. D.