Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica double lens carrier
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:35:08 -0800

At 11:34 AM +0100 3/13/03, Nathan Wajsman (private) wrote:
>Chris,
>
>Just make sure that you glue them really well. I sanded down the two
>surfaces and used epoxy. Works great.
>
>What I find really bizarre is that Leica did not make their M
>coupler the same way as the corresponding accessory for the R
>lenses, which (1) allows you to mount any two lenses, and (2) is
>closed in the middle so that with only one lens it functions as a
>rear cap.
>
>Nathan
>
>Christer Almqvist wrote:
>>Hi Nathan,
>>
>>Thanks for that info. I always thought the wide angle lens problem
>>was the reason Leica stopped making this lens carrier.
>>
>>The fact that with only one lens in the holder, the rear of that
>>lens is unprotected made me refrain from buying.
>>
>>I'll be gluing one of these days. Unless Leica does it for me. I'm
>>still hoping.
>>
>>Chris

Until the 2nd version 28 came out, all lenses could be used with the
double lens ring, except for the 21 SA's and the Hologon which needed
a much deeper cap anyway. Only in the nineties has the number of
lenses with significant rear projections increased dramatically.

The double lens ring is a 60's development, and wasn't built with the
lenses of the 90's in mind.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design