Subject: RE: [Leica] CL
From: Peterson Arthur G NSSC <PetersonAG@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 09:40:31 -0500

		Paul,

		I have a CL and like it very much.  With its 40mm
Summicron-C and either its 90mm Elmar-C or the 90mm Tele-Elmarit, it makes a
very light, convenient, easy-to-carry, easy-to-use, all around kit.  The
spot meter has a narrower angle than the M6, and I like that, and the
viewfinder shows the shutter speeds, which I like too.  Because it's not as
big and heavy as an M camera, of course it's not as solid and rugged either,
being designed for compactness and convenience instead, but it is
nevertheless extremely well made.  The CL does not accept my particular 35mm
Summicron (last pre-aspherical model), for what reason I'm not sure, but
that lens is so close to the 40mm that I don't care, and the CL works fine
with my other lenses.

		In any given case regarding a used camera, of course, much
will depend on the condition of the particular one you choose.  I've had no
trouble with mine, but it was in very good condition when I bought it.

		Art Peterson
		Alexandria, Virginia