Subject: Re: [Leica] Why you shouldn't buy a Canon printer
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@imagecraft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:46:34 -0800

At 10:18 PM 3/19/2003 -0800, Martin Howard wrote:
>  ...What *really* pisses me off about this tech guy, though, (and many
> other tech support organizations) is that I present myself as someone who
> *has* done their background work.  I have put in an hour of work
> isolating the problem to the printer driver.  I have checked all
> available documentation and I am following the recommended procedures in
> that documentations.  This was communicated to him at the start of our
> conversation, to put him into the picture.

Well you realize that most "tech support" are zero-knowledge people who
read off a list of things for the customers to do right? 5 years ago, you
can still utter the magic phrase, "Can I speak to your manager," but now
even that is useless. May be things have gotten a little better with the
tech bubble burst but I doubt it. 3 years ago, while we were travelling for
the Jr. Olympics (Gold in Karate sparring, said the proud father), despite
having have Pacbell DSL for the 2 years previously, they lost our records
(probably in one of the many transitions to SBC) and absolutely refused to
acknowledge we have DSL. We still have this entry in the "Hall of Shame"
section on our website:
***
ImageCraft provides FREE prompt support  by an actual product developer,
not some just-hired-yesterday weenie like those at Pacific Bell
(<http://web.archive.org/web/20010405192845/http://www.eastbayexpress.com/archive/120100/cover_120100.html>)
(If this archived article ever disappears, notify me. I have a copy.) and
other companies you may have done business with.

Us: "We've checked all possibilities, and it's definitely not a phone line
or ISP problem. You seem to have somehow cut off our DSL service."

PB: "I'm sorry, our computer shows there is no record of you having DSL
service."

Us: "But we can fax you 2 years of bills to prove we have DSL service!!!
Please, can't you find someone who can help us restore it?"

PB: "Sorry, I can't help you. <click>")
***

Check out that link. It will make your experience sounds like a walk in the
garden.

// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>