Subject: RE: [Leica] Oh ... It's COMING SOON! :-)
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 11:04:52 -0400

You miss a major point here, Gary; the fact that digital continues to
"improve" does NOT mean that people have to upgrade every 18 months. I'm
willing to bet that for 99% of pros' needs - certainly for what Tina
does - a D1s with it's full-frame, 11 mgp sensor  - will meet their
needs for as long as the camera continues to function. We're no longer
talking about the jump from 1 to 2 to 3 mgp. And as to the glass, one
assumes one can get a reasonable check for one's investment in Leica
glass if one makes a switch. And it's hardly unheard of for pro's to
switch systems when one system clear surpasses another - it happened to
Nikon when all it had was the dog called the F4 and Canon had the EOS1.

As to a "little convenience and instant gratification" - I'd say it's
more like having the tools that allow one to compete in the market place
and make a living. We're not talking here about happy snaps of the
grandkids and macro flower shots for the camera club.

B. D.