Subject: Re: [Leica] 28mm PC thoughts?
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:31:23 -0500

>I just picked one up - mint, from Rich Pinto, at a great price - and
>I've found that it fits a very important niche in my kit. I bought
>it for buildings and landscapes, and it excels at that, but oddly,
>I'm adapting it to a certain kind of street shooting - no tripod,
>pre-focus, and stalk -  NOT stealthy, more predatorial, though the
>subjects mostly know me and expect to see me standing on the corner
>with a camera, and they know I don't ask permission.

My problem with wides is that if you try to get sneaky photos by
standing apart from the subjects, they end up being tiny tiny tiny on
the film. In order to make maximum use, you really have to stand
about 2-3meters from them. They're great for environmental portraits
(showing a person in their occupation). But then it's hard to be
sneaky, but then again, I'm generally against sneaky. :-)

Karen