Subject: RE: [Leica] Equipment getting really cheap
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:50:50 -0400

Jim - I can certainly understand your not liking the digital results, or
preferring shooting with the M; I have trouble, however, you're 'not
getting' the decline in M prices.

First, as I said, the economy has taken a real dive; second, the M7's
availability - with the AE most younger photographers now take for
granted; and the digital onslaught have all come together to hammer all
film camera prices.

We may love the M - but face it; by current standards it is an obsolete
curio - a throw back to an earlier age of mechanical rangefinder film
cameras. The number of folks who use Ms is very limited to begin with.
But most of those who use Ms are hobbyists, many of whom are attracted
to the perceived advantages of digital.

So M prices take a dive.

B. D.