Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica USA no longer selling repair parts
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:35:24 -0700

What a bunch of crap!  So, this means that we will have to deal with Leica
USA, with thier service department's ambivalent attitude toward customers
instead of reliable and skilled professionals like Sherry, who provide great
service and actually give a damn.  I can't understand why Leica would make
things harder for customers in the midst of a digital onslaught that is sure
to take its toll on thier business in the coming years.  A stupid business
decision, if you ask me.

Gee, these disposable Canon DSLRs are looking better all the time.  You
never need service.  Unless they are malfunctioning when new (in which case,
you get the dealer to replace it immediately), they generally outlast thier
technology cycle, at which time you toss it onto the techno scrap heap and
buy another.  No service needed.

- --Jim Laurel