Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 vs M3 "lag time" -- How can we find out some real numbers?
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:52:29 -0700

Ed Caliguri asked:
Subject: [Leica] M7 vs M3 "lag time" --
>>How can we find out some real numbers?<<<,
> Karen-
> OK - How did you measure that :-) Is this an average of a number of
> M7's? Why would an M3 be even faster? Bet in a large sampling of
> existing M3's and M7's it's not a significant difference at say 1/125th
> (standardized to a single speed, even though it shouldn't be different)
> What d'ya think?? I'd bet the M7 's Std. Dev. is A LOT smaller as well.
;-)<<<<<

Gee folks I have to ask, I suppose this is of some critical mass measuring
moment of timing information, but what the heck in the world does it have to
do with actually taking a really cool photograph?

And exactly what does it have to do with catching a moment of motivation?

And oh please dear God don't tell me it makes the difference between a
successful photo OR not! And does the photographer releasing the shutter
knowingly calculate this delay into the exact moment of release?? And if
that's the case what the hell have I been doing wrong the past 50 years not
knowing about these highly technical delays? OK since I started using M
cameras 40 years ago?

Please explain in common man's language, that in knowing this delay stuff,
I may become a better photographer. Thank you.

And some of you people bitch about a few posts on something viable as single
malt scotch! Jeeeeesh! :-)

ted