Subject: Re: [Leica] More Leica decisions to make... god help me
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:29:50 -0500

Jack McLain asked plaintively: Any of this make sense? Have I gone over the
edge?

Yes, it is easy to do.  Regarding the f2.8 90mm, They are generally  great
lenses, but some sample variations.  I was lucky.  Most of the time you need
a 90, that's all you need, and it will fit in your pocket.

I agree about having the shutter speed dial work the same on both cameras,
if you have two cameras.  You  might be able to get away with one body; you
do know the Leica M has interchangeable lenses, huh? ;>D

If you are thinking of the camera as a back-up instead of a second body for
another kind of film, then why not just keep the m6ttl?  It is already
yours.

I find I shoot more if my field kit is smaller.  I usually go out with the
35 mounted and the 90 in my pocket.    I also have a CV 15 I carry along.

When I have a camera bag, I'm always trying to decide what to use, and I'm
often afraid someone will snatch the bag or something out of it.  Just
easier to keep the lenses in pockets.

BTW, I had a 28 and a 35, and found them too close together, and so rarely
used the 28 as it was slower and heavier.   More for you to worry about!

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com