Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Subsidies to private schools
From: frank theriault <knarf.theriault@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 18:17:51 -0400

Pension?  You guys get a pension?

Ken, the pension you whine about is more than I make a year at my job - which has no
benefits, including no pension plan...

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  I've made my choices in life, so I live with them.
Please just realize that you don't have it so bad.

cheers,
frank

Jerry Lehrer wrote:

> Ken
>
> Gawd!  I wish that I had a pension like that!   After 50 years
> in Aerospace, I get about HALF that!
>
> Jerry
>
> Ken Wilcox wrote:
>
> > Well Larry, I didn't quibble about the pay amount you mentioned
> > because this varies widely from state to state. The national average
> > is about $43,000. When I retired two years ago my pay was nowhere
> > near what you mentioned, and Michigan is one of the higher paid
> > states. As far as that generous pension, mine is a whole $24,000.
> >
> > Ken Wilcox

- --
Honour - that virtue of the unjust!
- -Albert Camus