Subject: [Leica] to crop or not to crop
From: Liam Maloney <kine_scope@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:29:59 -0700 (PDT)

I confess - I hate cropping my photos. In fact, I
almost never do it. I know, I know, I'll never make it
as a photographer if I don't crop - I just don't like
doing it. I have this idea that cropping somehow takes
away from the purity of the moment I captured in the
viewfinder. More sensible people would look at my work
and find a way to crop (and improve)every single image
in my portfolio. But I argue that a good photographer
learns to get better by printing full frame.

Anyone else feel this way?

FWIW, I haven't decided which version of Steve's ICU
photo I like better. Full frame as a part of a picture
story, cropped as a single image, I think. Nice work.

- -Liam