Subject: [Leica] Re: food (WAS: Nathan's PAW 45: Spanish hams)
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 07:13:22 +0100

There is no such thing as a "European" attitude to food. In some countries,
for example here in the Netherlands or in my beloved Denmark, daily food is
bland, boring and generally of the supermarket variety. Better stuff is
available, but that is not what most people eat. Further south, in France,
Italy, Spain, things are different--people care more about the quality of
the ingredients, take their time to go to the vegetable market and the
butcher,  agriculture is less industrialized than in the north, etc. If
there is any general pattern, this is it.

Nathan