Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: food (WAS: Nathan's PAW 45: Spanish hams)
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 13:31:23 -0500

Welcome back Kit.
As to your comments, I think that the U.S. is moving back toward what
you are talking about.  Whole Foods is spreading very rapidly to the
point that the stock pickers are noticing.  In the part of the world
that I inhabit there are many "fruit" stands where local produce is
available.  Boulder is not unique in having enough people who value
fresh not processed food.

When you visit your family I am sure you are familiar with the Dekalb
Farmers market in Decatur.  This is an example of a store where you can
sample the world's tastes with the food that is available in the home
country.  Houston has the same with "Fiesta" stores that extend
throughout swamp country in Texas.

It really comes down to choice.  You can appreciate what a Leica does or
shoot with something "whitebread".  Likewise, you can cook something
fresh or you can slurp it up at the local McWhopendy's.  For myself, I
have a pot of black beans and ham hocks simmering now with the cornbread
set to go in at 5:00. Mmmmm.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com