Subject: [Leica] FOOD AGAIN
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:34:29 -0500

At 01:56 PM 11/9/03 -0700, Kit McChesney wrote:
>But you are absolutely right about food. But it's not even the Wendy
>McWhoppers that I'm talking about, but the other awful excuses for eating
>places, like the Outbacks, Chilis, Olive Gardens, and the rest.

To be fair, Outback cranks out a decent prime rib, and that to me is a real
meal.  Chain restaurants are not my end-all and be-all but I can endure them.

As for that pot of beans, my wife makes such all the time.  We're have
split-peas with ham hocks tonight.  She is a Yankee (LP Michigan) but was
raised on a farm, so she DOES know how to cook this stuff up as it should
be cooked.  (Almost all vegetables should be blanched for the best flavor.
Artichokes you need to cook a bit more, while beans, in general, should be
cooked to death with vinegar and ham.)

Artichokes have dried up here in recent weeks but they'll be back soon.
And an artichoke and a ribeye is good eating by anyone's standards.  And,
while I do not like to cook, I do make a killer fried chicken -- the trick
is in the paprika.  Use Hungarian if you can get it.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!