Subject: [Leica] FOOD!
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 16:22:40 -0500

The entire arguement resolves itself into whether one desires small
portions equistely prepared in the European custom or large portions in the
American tradition.  Europeans often find US offerings huge, while USians
find European portion sizes minute.

Me?  I can eat either way though, to be honest, a 16 ounce slab of
extremely rare prime rib with some horseradish on the side will keep me
happy for a while, especially if it is accompanied by a baked potatoe or
"liberty" fries (to be PC).  A European finds this a crude over-indulgence
in raw meat while I find it a minimal eating experience when I haven't
eaten well for a couple of days.

But, then, I have low blood pressure and low cholesterol numbers so this
sort of meal suits me magnificently.  The rest of you take note and eat
Oriental meals such as blanched vegetables and <yukh!> sushi.  (Raw fish
and meat never suits me, albeit I make an exception with an occasional
dozen Chesapeake Bay or Blue Point Oysters on the Half Shell.  Otherwise,
the closest I come is this prime rib, which I want as rare as it can be.)

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Geir Bugge-Olsen" <gbugge-o@frisurf.no> ([Leica] OT Marked in Oslo)