Subject: Re: [Leica] Setting up a web site
From: Sonny Carter <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:54:00 -0800

Hello Kit,

I would argue with you about Verisign, at least as far as customer
service at Network Solutions.  In six years of doing this, (yes, I am a legacy customer,)
I've had two problems, both when changing from one web host to another.
In both cases, the problem was solved within moments by a live
customer service representative.

 Contrast that with hundreds of complaints I've seen about web hosts
 who take your money and "forget" to renew your registration.

 There are several people on this list who have had that happen.  I
 think I would NEVER have the same registrar to host my site.

 By the way, if you are interested in a really good host who pays
 attention to problems, and can be easily reached, try Colin Vorseh at
 colin@availabledark.com
 Yeah, that one.  A fine Leica photog, and a great
 host.  Fast servers, lots of room, reasonable price.

 I moved to his servers at the beginning of the month, and everything
 went smoothly.

 SonC