Subject: [Leica] Praise for the Cosina/Voigtlander 35/1.2
From: BenMarks@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:45:52 -0500

Three weeks ago I was in Moscow for a week with an M7 and a new 35/1.2 and I am just getting into the darkroom now with the developed film.  I am VERY pleased with the results from the C/V 35 wide open.  Moscow gets dark early this time of year and so I wanted some fast glass with me. I know discussions of bokeh get folks' eyes rolling, but the look of the pictures from this lens wide open is very nice, with a nice "pop" to the subject at the plane of focus.  Finish and feel of the lens physically is not as nice as the Leitz lenses in my bag, but for the price I am prepared to live with that.  Film was Ilford Delta 400.

So far, I am less pleased with my results from the C/V 28/1.9. Not to worry, not to worry, I had some Leitz glass with me too.  I have come to take for granted great things from the Summicrons in my life (50 and 35 in this case); generally when trying out a C/V lens I feel like I won the lottery when the results make me happy the first time out.

Ben Marks
benmarks-at-aol.com