Subject: [Leica] scanner question
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman@lakebreeze.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:35:40 -0600

I know its slightly off topic, but in topic as I will be scanning my Leica
negatives.

I just bought off that un-named auctionland in cyberland a Nikon Super
Coolscan LS-2000.  It did not come with the scsi card and I need to get one.
Possibly a cable too.

If one of you luggers use this scanner, how many pin scsi connection is
there on the back of  this unit. Second what model, type and scsi type of
scsi card do you use.  What type of connection does the external card have
that you use on your scanner.  Is your card a scsi 2 or 3.  Is it a wide
scsi card or a normal one.  I right now have an Adaptec 2940 card that has a
50 pin external connection.

I have played with scsi in the Macintosh line, but never on a modern day
windows xp pc.

Please answer me off list if possible, if not keep it brief not to get too
much off the beat track.

cheers,

gck

Replies: Reply from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] scanner question)