Subject: Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 06:47:12 -0800

Ruben,

And how does sending your work to a lab any more "photographer-like"
than doing it in a darkroom or in Photoshop?

I guess it all has to do with where the creativity in the job is,
right? And then picking the tools to do it more efficiently.

Maybe there could be a market for Photoshop artists who can do custom
work for clients they get to know just like a custom lab. In the end, a
lab print can never be as "precisely perfect" as a real photo (I'm not
talking inkjet prints here) that's been through the hands of a skilled
Photoshop user. There is so much more fine control. I think the issue
of quality lies there and not on which inkjet printer is the best. And
in the future, custom labs will change the back end, but still offer
essentially the same services. Just with different equipment to serve
the needs of commercial/portrait/too- busy-to-print-their-own
photographers.

On Dec 1, 2003, at 1:52 AM, RUBEN BLĘDEL wrote:

> they dont whant to suffer countless hours in front of phoshop " they
> want to be photographers

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The
pessimist fears it is true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] Panasonic DMC-FZ10 with Vario-Elmarit lens)