Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:52:25 -0800

You're right Ted. And another thing they probably didn't do was process
it at the optimum temperature (to minimize grain) of 75º. Most films
before were best at 68º but TMax films are best at 75 except P3200
which I prefer to process at 85º.

On Dec 7, 2003, at 8:36 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> I think many photographers who used Tmax film and Tmax developer were
> disappointed with it by making the mistake of not "reading the
> developing
> instructions which was different from what they were accustomed using
> D76
> and other films.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"If we had time for more meetings, we would have made more mistakes."
Leon Trotsky

Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> ([Leica] WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.)