Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:54:16 -0800

JB,

Since you've committed to TMax films, if you haven't tried PressMaxx
develoepr, you really should. Much less expensive than TMax developer -
though it comes in such small bottles you can't mix it one-shot at a
time. You have to mix the whole gallon or five gallons to get an
accurate mixture.

On Dec 7, 2003, at 9:31 AM, JCB wrote:

> Even though I personally like Tri-X better (been using it for decades)
> learning to use Tmax is a necessity because that IS the B&W film that
> Kodak will continue to make for a v-e-r-y long time. Plus-X, Tri-X,
> APX, FP, Delta, etc, are all unknowns as far as longevity goes. And
> Tmax is made in all sizes from 35mm to 8x10, maybe even 11x14. While
> other films are disappearing, Tmax will stay the course.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA
http://www.jphotog.com

"A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still
putting on its shoes."
- -- Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Message from JCB <jcb@visualimpressions.com> ([Leica] Re: WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.)