Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 14:58:17 -0800

That couldn't possibly happen. Unless you were using water as a stop
bath rather than an acid stop bath. In acid stop bath, development
stops instantly. Stop bath can't increase highlight density unless it's
just water and you don't agitate enough, so that development continues
for a while. Grain can increase because of a serious change of
temperature.

On top of that, I found Kodak (for my style of processing) had
development times 30 seconds too long.

But you are right, constant temperature is essential with TMax and
requires a water bath in rooms that don't stay at 68 or 75 degrees.

On Dec 7, 2003, at 9:40 AM, Slobodan Dimitrov wrote:

> But more importantly was the issue of consistent temperature controls.
> found that if my stopbath was more than 2-3 degrees over the developer
> temp,
> the highlights would blow out.
Eric
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.jphotog.com

"Clichés are like analogies. At the end of the day, you're just beating
a dead horse"