Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 09:40:15 -0800

To make matters worse, when T-max came out, I was shooting in the Palm
Springs-Indio area at least 3-5 times a month. All middle of the day shoots.
That's where I learned to go one stop over on exposure, with flash fill, and
pull back 20-30% in the processing.
But more importantly was the issue of consistent temperature controls. I
found that if my stopbath was more than 2-3 degrees over the developer temp,
the highlights would blow out. Then of course, if one is using daylight
tanks, the dev. temp. would go up 2-3 degrees, adding that much more
aggravation to the whole experience. In hot weather, I use water jackets to
maintain a semblance of temp. control.
Slobodan Dimitrov