Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: 35mm color vs. the tyranny now.. T-max dev.
From: "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 07:13:42 -0800

In reality, the stop process is gradual, albeit a fast one. After checking
as many of the other possible variables, that was the one which made the
difference for me.
When Steve Simmons had a 4x5 workshop here in LA, the big question for
discussion was the hyper-sensitivity of T-max. One person even found that
holding the tank would give a process time shift. Another commented on the
effects of exhausted fix on the contrast, leaving the emulsion looking muddy
and producing flat looking films. The list, or gripping, went on.
What I took for gospel with other films, I had to rethink with T-max
emulsions. An then, never mind the modifications Kodak would make with the
film without telling anyone about it, which one would discover only after
the fact.
Slobodan Dimitrov