Subject: [Leica] It's NOT snowing
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:44:11 +0100 (MET)

Went out on my second floor porch before I started working. Homer has the
best description of this. I'm just imitating (memesis/imitatio). In
antiquity and the middle ages, the best art was a copy of what was
considered the best art ... the underlying idea being if you can't do
better than the master, don't bother trying to copy. Vergilius picked up
the challenge against Homer (and lost).

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/DSC_2709.jpg

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/DSC_2711.jpg

Taken just a few minutes ago.