Subject: Re: [Leica] #$@%$^ art photographers
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:08:45 +0100 (MET)

Jim,

Potentially, potentially. But I don't think we should underestimate these
guys who run around pulling up their sleeves at news conferences so that
their Rolex will show. I don't think they would put the damper on
experimentation. They want something the guys across the street don't
have.

But I might have misunderstood you when you refer to "new art concepts".
It's not a perfect system, it might not cover all the bases, but those
new art concepts will always crop up outside or on the fringes of the
mainstream. This system won't discourage that either. It's a lot better
than state support as it has been (the equivalent of National Endowment
here-and-there).

Daniel