Subject: RE: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:24:09 -0500

No, actually he was not, so I suppose I owe Barry's ghost an apology for
a cheap shot. Goldwater was, in fact, one of the last of the true
American Constitutional conservatives, as opposed to the current
evangelical greedheads who call themselves "conservatives," but are in
fact radical reactionaries.

I suppose what I should have referred to was the Ayn Rand Memorial Mall
in the Fascist Republic of Arizona, in my response to Jack's calling
Madison the "People's Republic of Madison," and referring to the police
there as "Stazi."

Or I could have ignored the whole thing - but then that would have
denied Jack his fun. ;-)