Subject: RE: [Leica] Inspired but arrested
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:29:53 -0500

Yes, a journalist WOULD have to get permission to interview people in
the mall IF the journalist was challenged by mall employees. Freedom of
the press does not give one the right to break laws; it gives one the
right to publish information one gathers. While police departments,
other local governmental authorities, and Congress, may chose to give
journalists certain privileges or rights, I'm unaware of any immunity
from trespassing laws.