Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: B&W digital printer
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:13:12 -0800

On 2003-12-22 <lea@whinydogpress.com (lea)> thoughtfully wrote:

>What puzzles me is why the heck Epson doesn't come out with and all
>gray/black ink set for the 2200....the color cast this machine produces
>is pretty awful unless you want to output everything as a sepia
>tint...which works for some clients but not for all of them. I'll be
>seriously looking at the HP in the next few weeks.

I read ovr on the Piezography list that they will be releasing their inks for
the 2200 sometime next year. I remember it being "early" next year but that may
be mistaken.

Here is what Jon Cone wrote:

"I do not think that we said it did. We are working on it and hope to have it
release at or shortly after PMA2004 in Feb.

WE can add new printers rather quickly now - and need only fill for the
2200. We now make our cartridges so these are in the works."

This is good news, I think.

Adam