Subject: Re: [Leica] DoF, was: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 13:28:59 -0800

Hi Simon,

> > http://www.leica-gallery.net/apekop/folder-6030.html<<<

These are the pictures I was referring to as they're just beauties of
available light family as real pictures and real moments, most of all...."
look like real picture moments" and not some flash blasted exposures.

By shooting in this manner you retain a real life look which I feel is so
important viewing a picture as it says far more about the picture moment
than all the flash blasted images in the world.

When my wife and I look at old pictures when our children were little kids
we can feel the moments of the pictures far more than if they were all flash
blasted, which inturn destroys more than it helps. It may have an exposure
but that's about all.

So many photographers who own Leica's are gutless wonders when it comes to
shooting by available light. Even though they hold in their hands one of the
finest picture taking tools for shooting by available light or available
darkness.

In your practice images, "Practice?" hell keep this up and you'll be putting
a number of folks on the list to shame! ;-) Because there are many here the
light is so effective and enhancing it's a joy to look at them and feel the
warmth of the moment.

We'll look for more of this kind of picture taking in the future no matter
if it's practice or not.  :-) Call 'em whatever you wish, we wont care, as
long as they look as good as these! :-)
ted

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] DoF, was: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R)
Message from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] DoF, was: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R)